The DeKalb County Democratic Committee (DCDC) seeks an experienced contractor or firm to create a strong redesign of DCDC’s existing brand identity, brand guide, and merchandise. It is DCDC’s goal that our brand and collateral reflect the urgency and vibrancy of our work. The selected contractor will work with the DCDC communications lead to bring our brand update to life.
About the DeKalb Dems
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee is a county committee of the Democratic Party of Georgia. We engage in Get-Out-The-Vote activities year in and year out, especially during election years. District by district, we find opportunities to increase Democratic performance and improve Democratic participation. We work to support our Democratic elected officials during difficult legislative battles. In spite of a challenging political climate, we are striving to become the machine Democrats need us to be.
DeKalb County Democratic Committee is looking to rebrand all of its digital content and merchandise. This includes developing a new logo and creating a brand guide and other templates.
Scope of Work
- Facilitate a discovery session with DCDC Communications Committee members to obtain critical input for the rebranding effort. Additional meetings will be scheduled as needed.
- Provide three black and white logo concepts. Work includes two rounds of revisions on the selected concept.
- Present at least two primary and secondary color palettes, along with the logo presented in one-color and full-color. Work includes one round of revisions.
- Provide the final approved logo in EPS, PDF, and high resolution (300 dpi) JPG file formats.
- Present complementary font families for headlines, subheads, body copy, etc. Work includes one round of revisions.
- Select standard icons to add clarity to designs. Examples include map-marker, phone, Facebook, etc.
- Develop at least two background patterns that will add interest and dimension to graphic design work.
Provide a style guide that ensures brand consistency across all communication vehicles. Work includes two rounds of revisions. Style guide elements should include, but is not limited to:
- File format uses of the logo (i.e., Use EPS for 1-color offset printing, etc.)
- Primary and secondary color palettes that include values for PMS, CMYK, RGB, and HEX
- Approved uses of the logo (i.e., color reversals, use with other logos, appropriate space around logo, minimum size, etc.) and examples of how NOT to use the logo
- Font families and uses
- Photography guidelines
- Chart and graph styles
- Basic guidelines for the creation of materials and elements like:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Presentation documents
- Rack cards
- Door hangers
- Printed signage
- Retractable banners
- Event banners
- Email newsletters
- Email signatures
- Business cards
- Social media banners and profile pictures
- Merchandise (T-shirts, coffee cups, etc.)
DCDC will provide
- Previous brand guidelines document
- Sample graphics/collateral/merchandise
- Project oversight
DCDC will retain copyrights to all images, logos, style guides, designs, color treatments, fonts and templates created by the designer and/or firm.
Project Timeline (timeline is negotiable and subject to change)
- Kickoff branding meeting by 8/20 (lunchtime)
- Round 1 logo concepts by 9/03 — 2-3 comps in color and in black & white with 2 rounds of revisions
- The logo is to include a tagline and parameters for tagline use
- 2-business day response by committee on revisions
- Revisions due 2 days after feedback from the committee
- Logo finalized by 2 weeks after the date of the final revision
- Style guide, templates, and additional design materials finalized and due 2 weeks after 1st draft
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee has allocated $5,000 to proceed with the logo and style guide initially described in the Scope of Work above. All work performed under this contract will be subject to approval of defined task orders not to exceed the approved budget. Additional design work/production beyond those items outlined above is subject to additional negotiation/compensation.
Please submit a written proposal to [email protected] no later than Sunday, Aug 15 at 11:59 pm with “RFP Response ” in the email subject line.
DCDC will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria:
- Overall proposal suitability: Proposal solutions must meet the scope, requirements and needs included in the RFP in a clear and organized manner.
- Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience with similar projects.
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work, notably, bidders must have a demonstrable ability to produce high quality logos.
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project.
- Technical expertise: Bidders must provide description and documentation of technical expertise and experience.
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee does not discriminate based on age, color, sexuality, gender expression, religion (creed), nation of origin, disability, veteran status or former incarceration status. DCDC actively engaged in good faith recruiting efforts focused on engaging protected classes and strongly encourage Black, Indigenous and People of Color, LGBTQIA+ and local residents of DeKalb County to submit proposals.
The goals of this project include:
i. Build a strong brand reputation
ii. Creating messaging, materials and outreach that connects with voters and meets them where they are
iii. Increasing two-way communication channels between DeKalb Democrats and county residents
To reach these goals, DeKalb County Democratic Committee is now accepting bids in response to this Request for Proposal.
The scope of the project is to rebrand DeKalb County Democratic Committee members material and to provide a guide for adhering to the rebranding.
Target Deliverable Schedule
Final Project Due: September 12 – September 17, 2021
The expected project completion date range is August 29 – September 3, 2021. If this date range needs to be adjusted, please include your readjusted proposed date, as well as your reasoning for shifting the schedule. All proposed date changes will be considered.
Existing Roadblocks Or Technical Issues
DeKalb County Democratic Committee is a volunteer organization. Therefore, time is a limited resource for those who have high technical aptitude.
Though the DeKalb County Democratic Committee is an independent organization from the national Democratic Party, our goal is for our branding and values to align with the branding of the Democratic Party of Georgia and the Democratic Party (national) as much as possible.
We have allocated up to $5,000 for this project. Further budgeting would have to be approved by a committee.
DeKalb County Democratic Committee will evaluate bidders and proposals based on the following criteria:
- Previous experience/past performance history.
- Samples and/or case studies from previous projects.
- Projected costs.
- Experience and technical expertise.
- Responsiveness and answers to questions in the next section.
Questions Bidders Must Answer To Be Considered
i. Have you worked on branding for other political entities? If so, who?
ii. Would this project require collaboration with outside vendors? If so, who are those vendors?
Bidders must adhere to the following guidelines to be considered:
- Only bidders who meet all 5 metrics in the evaluation section should submit a proposal.
- Proposals must be sent in by Sunday, August 15.
- Include samples and references with your proposal.
- A proposed schedule must also be included and clearly expressed.
For questions or concerns connected to this RFP, we can be reached at: