DeKalb County Democratic Committee will be well represented at the 2020 Democratic Convention. Those who are active in the county committee or represent DeKalb as an elected official (both former or current) make up over 10% of the Georgia Delegation. In addition, our former County Chair, Barbara Campbell, was elected to serve on the Rules Committee for the Democratic Convention. Barbara Campbell, “I am so honored to represent my state and my denomination on this important committee. This committee as implied sets the rules for the convention. To have found favor with God and my fellow state committee members is heartwarming.” Here is a breakdown of the delegation based on DCDC membership, leadership and elected representation:Read More
If you live in DeKalb and are not sure if you are in the 6th District, you can visit your My Voter Page from the Secretary of State and it will list all your districts and your polling place.
- Voting is from 7am to 7pm. If you are in line by 7pm, you will be able to vote. Do not let anyone turn you away or tell you that you can’t.
- Be sure to bring a valid form of ID which includes any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS), a Georgia Driver’s License, xalid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, or municipality, valid U.S. passport ID, valid U.S. military photo ID, or valid tribal photo ID.
- If a poll worker looks at a map and tells you that you cannot vote, ask for them to check with the Secretary of State data. Do not go by someone’s interpretation of a map! If someone attempts to turn you away, call the Voter Hotline.
- If you have (or know of) any problems voting, CALL VOTER HOTLINE 404-626-6838 or 404-673-1325 right away!
- RIDE ASSISTANCE: If someone needs a ride to the polls, give them this hotline number: 770-765-5802
The City of Stonecrest City Council Special Election Runoff is also tomorrow. They are for Stonecrest Districts 2, 4 and 5.