The DEADLINE to file your candidacy to run for Party Leader & Elected Official (PLEO) Delegate AND/OR At-Large Delegate is at 8pm this Thursday, May 28. Find the forms here.
Late submissions cannot be accepted, and there is no opportunity for write-in candidacy, as Intent Forms will be sent to presidential campaigns for review immediately upon the deadline.
Some frequently asked questions/useful information regarding process below:
When are PLEO and At-Large Delegates elected?
- Saturday, June 20, via videoconference with remote balloting.
- PLEO balloting will take place from 8am to 12 noon.
- At-Large balloting will take place from 1pm to 7pm.
I’ve already run for District-Level Delegate. Can I run for PLEO or At-Large?
- Yes. District-Level Delegates will be certified after Georgia’s June 9 presidential primary and before PLEO/At-Large elections on June 20.
- If you ran for District-Level delegate and are certified in one of those slots after the Primary, then you will be taken out of the running for PLEO/At-Large on June 20.
- If you ran for District-Level and did not achieve one of Georgia’s District-Level slots, you can still be in the running for PLEO and/or At-Large on June 20 if you filed an Intent Form to run for those positions by 8pm on May 28.
Either way, your Intent Form to run specifically for PLEO/At-Large MUST be received by the DPG by 8pm on Thursday, May 28.
If you filed to run for District-Level Delegate, you are not automatically in the running for PLEO/At-Large.
Can I run for both PLEO and At-Large?
- Yes. Party Leaders and Elected Officials who file an Intent Form to run for PLEO Delegate may also file to run for At-Large Delegate. You may circle BOTH OPTIONS on one Intent Form.
- PLEO and At-Large elections are sequential on Saturday, June 20.
- If you run for PLEO and win one of those positions, you are taken out of the running for At-Large.
- If you run for PLEO and do not win one of those positions, you may run for At-Large Delegate later in the day IF you indicated on your Intent Form that you’d be running for PLEO and At-Large (if you file to run for PLEO, you are not automatically filed to run for At-Large).
Who votes for these Delegates?
- PLEO Delegates are elected by the 68 District-Level Delegates who were voted on last Saturday and who will be certified after the presidential primary.
- At-Large Delegates are elected by the Democratic Party of Georgia’s State Committee.
* * * * *
Please reach out to Justin Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions regarding the process. Please don’t hesitate as we are here to help!