DEKALB COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE
PROPOSALS DUE BY: August 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee (DCDC) seeks an experienced contractor or firm to create, implement, and manage digital fundraising and communication. It is DCDC’s goal to raise money and awareness concerning the 2022 election cycle. The selected contractor will work with the DCDC communications lead in partnership with the fundraising lead.
About the DeKalb Dems
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee is a county committee of the Democratic Party of Georgia. We engage in Get-Out-The-Vote activities year in and year out, especially during election years. District by district, we find opportunities to increase Democratic performance and improve Democratic participation. We work to support our Democratic elected officials during difficult legislative battles. In spite of a challenging political climate, we are striving to become the machine Democrats need us to be.
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee is looking to use our digital channels to raise money, recruit volunteers, provide voter education on important issues, and get out the vote.
Scope of Work
These responsibilities will be considered mandatory for the role.
Email/Social Media Marketing
- Develop Targeted Emails and Online Actions through NGP
- Update design for email template
- Develop email schedule for monthly distribution
- Coordinate and design graphic components
- Adapt graphic content for social media
- Draft/edit copy
- Distribute up to 6 email blasts per month
- Analyze email performance and include in monthly reporting document
- Create and execute strategies to increase contact list numbers
ActBlue Branding Update
- Create, edit, archive ActBlue pages as required
- Update ActBlue branding according to new branding guide on active pages and templates
We realize the below responsibilities will likely exceed the $1,500 monthly stipend. If this is the case, please propose additional rates for the following:
- Establish communications with various stakeholders to ensure consistent flows of information and updates throughout the county
- Establish and maintain a posting schedule
- Curate and create content themes that align with our vision, mission, and strategic goals
- Help monitor and maintain social platforms
- Shoot and edit video (when applicable)
- Attend events and engagement to gather social media content and post in real time
- Press release calendar identifying topics and timing for 20 content pieces
- Drafting and two rounds of revision to our satisfaction
- Formatting and finalizing for us to distribute and post across social media
- Up to 4 press conferences
DCDC will provide
- Previous brand guidelines document
- Sample graphics/collateral/merchandise
- Project oversight
The contract will run and be subject to renewal up until December 31, 2022.
The DeKalb County Democratic Committee has allocated $1,500 a month for digital marketing services. All work performed under this contract will be subject to approval of defined task orders not to exceed the approved budget. Additional design work/production beyond those items outlined above is subject to additional negotiation/compensation.
Please submit a written proposal, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday, August 13 at 11:59 pm with “RFP Response – Digital Marketing” in the email subject line.
DCDC will evaluate all proposal based on the following criteria:
- Overall proposal suitability: Proposal solutions must meet the scope, requirements and needs included in the RFP in a clear and organized manner.
- Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience with similar projects.
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work, notably, bidders must have a demonstrable ability to produce high-quality work.
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project.
- Technical expertise: Bidders must provide description and documentation of technical expertise and experience.
- The DeKalb County Democratic Committee does not discriminate based on age, color, sexuality, gender expression, religion (creed), nation of origin, disability, veteran status or former incarceration status. DCDC actively engaged in good faith recruiting efforts focused on engaging protected classes and strongly encourage Black, Indigenous and People of Color, LGBTQIA+ and local residents of DeKalb County to submit proposals.
The goals of this project include:
- Raise funds
- Recruit volunteers
- Provide voter education on important issues
- Get out the vote
To reach these goals, the DeKalb County Democratic Committee is now accepting bids in response to this Request for Proposal.
Target Deliverable Schedule / Important Dates
- Last day to Register – Oct 11
- Early Voting for general election – Oct 17-Nov 4
- General election – Nov 8
- General election runoffs – Dec 6
Roadblocks or Technical Issues
DeKalb County Democratic Committee is a volunteer organization. Therefore, time is a limited resource for those who have high technical aptitude.
Though the DeKalb County Democratic Committee is an independent organization from the national Democratic Party, our goal is for our branding and values to align with the branding of the Democratic Party of Georgia and the Democratic Party (national) as much as possible.
We have allocated up to $1,500 per month for this project. Further budgeting would have to be approved by a committee.
DeKalb County Democratic Committee will evaluate bidders and proposals based on the following criteria:
- Previous experience/past performance history.
- Samples and/or case studies from previous projects.
- Projected costs.
- Experience and technical expertise.
- Responsiveness and answers to questions in the next section.
Questions Bidders Must Answer To Be Considered
- Have you worked on fundraising for other political entities? If so, who?
- Would this project require collaboration with outside vendors? If so, who are those vendors?
Bidders must adhere to the following guidelines to be considered:
- Only bidders who meet all 5 metrics in the evaluation section should submit a proposal.
- Proposals must be sent in by 11:59 pm, Saturday, August 13.
- Include samples and references with your proposal.
- A proposed schedule must also be included and clearly expressed.
For questions or concerns connected to this RFP, we can be reached at: email@example.com