Become a Post Seat Holder
Become a voting member, or Post Seat Holder, of the DeKalb Dems. The process is a little more involved, but we will help you through it. Fill out our quick onboarding form below with your interests and let’s get to work!
Voting members of the DeKalb County Democratic Committee are called Post Seat Holders. Holding a Post Seat empowers you to the following:
- vote on important business administered at the monthly Business Meetings
- vote in party elections
- run for some party positions, including chairships
- serve as a member in a House District Committee, which organizes Democrats at the House District and precinct level in DeKalb County.
How do I apply for a Post Seat?
- First, you must be registered to vote in, and a resident of DeKalb County, Georgia.
- Next, make sure you know which House District you live in. To find your Georgia House District, go to the Poll Locator on the Georgia Secretary of State’s website.
- If there is a vacant seat in your district, you may apply to fill it by contacting your House District Chair, who will then submit this form on your behalf.