In response to public outcry over the November 2018 mid-term election, DeKalb County Commissioners hired consultants to do a process review of the Elections Department. We now have the consultants’ report that addresses the problems that DeKalb voters face, and recommends solutions for avoiding the problems in the future. Implementing these recommendations before the general election is critical. However, the DeKalb County Elections Department has been slow to adjust and has pushed back on implementing the consultants’ recommendations.
The DeKalb County Board of Elections must immediately implement the following recommendations in time to meet the November 3rd election challenges:
You can now drop off your mail-in (absentee) ballots in drop boxes at the following locations:
- Exchange Park – 2771 Columbia Drive Decatur, GA 30034
- Brookhaven City Hall – 4362 Peachtree Rd NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319
- Stonecrest City Hall – 3120 Stonecrest Blvd., Stonecrest, GA 30038
- 4380 Memorial Dr., Decatur, GA 30032
- Stone Mountain City Hall – 875 Main Street, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
- Dunwoody City Hall – 4800 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Dunwoody GA 30038
The Presidential Primary is coming March 24th and with it will be new voting machines and procedures for casting your ballot. Be sure to watch the video below from the office of the Secretary of State to familiarize yourself with the new system.
Secure the Vote from GA SOS on Vimeo.