It’s time to pack the room at the 9 am Board of Elections Meeting on Friday, October 3rd. Here are the specific asks and instructions. Send public comments from 9:00-9:30 am on Friday. Cc your commissioners. Email email@example.com for public comments. These are the key issues me must address in public comments:
We urge you to prioritize transparency as we go into the November election around details we are all concerned about. It helps foster confidence in the community around our voting process.
- How is hiring and training additional poll workers going? How many people have been hired? How many people have been trained? How does this compare to 2016? I know a number of people who have applied and heard nothing back.
- How many additional temp office staff have been hired?
- What additional equipment was purchased? I know there are high speed scanners and there was discussion about a machine that could sort the absentee ballot applications by precinct. What have we purchased?
- What is the absentee ballot request processing turnaround time?
- What is the status of the additional parts of the 3 month plan?
Please hire enough people to process absentee ballot applications within three days of their ARRIVAL to the elections office. Let’s get more people in shifts instead of making people work longer hours. Let’s not shoot ourselves in the foot.
Thank you for all the hard work.
Insert your name and full address. (It will not be published in the meeting)
The meeting will be at this link. If you want to personalize your message with stories you have or focus on or two of these issues that is ok too but this covers the things that can be fixed before November 3rd.